Hyderabad Karnataka Education Society
The Hyderabad Karnataka Education (HKE) Society was established in 1958
for upliftment of this educationally backward region of Karnataka State.
The generous contributions by the people of the region and an initial
grant of RS. 5,00,000 by the State Government enabled the opening of the
first Engineering College in Oct. 1958. The Society grew under the dynamic
leadership of Late Mahadevappa Rampure and opened many educational institutions.
Now there are over 40 educational institutions offering teaching/training
in Humanities, Science, Commerce, Engineering, Law, Medicine, Dentistry,
Homeopathic, Pharmacy, Nursing, Education, Management and Biotechnology.
The Colleges are located in urban and rural areas of the State including
Bangalore. 20,000 students are studying in various institutions and 3000
persons are employed.
Mahadevappa Rampure (MR)
The Medical College was established in 1963. The preclinical section began
in 1964 and the clinical section in 1966. The State Government built a
700 - bed hospital to offer clinical facilities to the students. The College
was recognized by the Medical Counicl of India (MCI) in 1972 and was the
second Private Medical College in the Country next to Manipal to get recognition.
The graduates of the College are serving in different parts of the country
and abroad. The Post-graduate courses began in 1979 and now the College
is offering Post-graduate training in 18 different subjects.
Looking at the inadequate facilities for specialist medical care for a
large segment of population, the Society undertook the establishment of
a fully-equipped modern hospital. The foundation stone of Basaveshwar
Hospital, was laid by Sri R. Venkataraman, the then Vice-President of
India in 1984. The first-phase of the hospital, was inaugurated in June
1989, by Late Sri Rajiv Gandhi, the then Prime Minister of the Country.
It was the Silver-Jubilee gift of the Society to M.R. Medical College.
The second-phase was completed in next 5 years. It offers modern diagnostic
and specialist care for the patients. In addition it offered additional
teaching facilities to the students of M.R. Medical College. The Society
has spent RS. 9,00,00,000 on the main building of the Hospital. The hospital
had the CT scanner as early as 1991. The Society added Sangameshwar Hospital
with a well-equipped Neonatology unit in 1993.
The last year Government General Hospital was the main teaching hospital
to M.R. Medical College. Basaveshwar Hospital and Sangameshwar Hospitals
were offering additional teaching facilities.
The decision of the Medical Council of India necessitated the establishment
of own teaching hospital by the Medical College. The Society began developing
additional teaching facilities in Basaveshwar Hospital and the hospital
has been upgraded to 765 beds. Additional construction of the out-patient
block, and separate intensive care unit, laboratory and auditorium at
a cost of RS. 3,00,00,000 have been undertaken and are under various stages
All the teaching activities for the undergraduate and postgraduate students
is being carried out in this hospital.
here For ADMISSIONS For Ist MBBS Under NRI Category
Click here For Admission to MDS Course in the specialty
of Prosthodontics (1 Seat) Orthodontics (2 Seats) & Conservative
Dentistry (2 Seats) under Management (NRI) Quota, Medical University
Click here For admission notice for admission to M.D.S.
course in the specialty of Prosthodontics under Management (NRI)
Quota, Medical University UK
Click here For admission notice for P. G. Course Under
NRI Category, Medical University London
here For Admissions to Ist MBBS Course for the Academic
here For Notice for admission to MBBS, USA
here for Admission Notice to MBBS Course under NRI Category
Click here for Admission
for left over PG Seats
here for admissions to P.G. Courses